The Mediatrix LP Series connects up to 24 analog phones and/or faxes to a broadband modem or LAN, and offers advanced features such as 60Vrms ringing voltage, industry-leading 2+ kilometers + loop distance and integrated secondary lightning protection, which allow them to connect to external phone line cables.
The LP Series enables Service Providers to reach wider areas while reducing the number of CPE’s (customer premise equipment) needed to be installed. Large Buildings, Campus, Small Villages can now be fully deployed using only one SIP Gateway.
LP Series also protects Service Providers SIP Gateway investment by offering reliable connections with internal surge protection against over-voltage on hard telephony lines, reducing electrical failures and potential RMA due to deteriorated wiring conditions.
The Mediatrix LP Series has the additional benefit of supporting high compression codec’s simultaneously on each analog voice ports, thus saving valuable bandwidth, and offers security features such as TLS, SRTP, certificates management, and HTTPS designed to bring enhanced security for the network management, SIP signaling and media transmission aspects.
As all other Mediatrix devices, the LP Series provides web interface, giving users a convenient access to the unit for initial set-up. The devices can also auto-provision by fetching their encrypted configuration from a TFTP or HTTP server making installation secure and transparent to the end-users.
* Carrier-grade voice quality, Fax over IP support, including T.38, Modem & Point of Sales reliable connections over IP, Up to 24 simultaneous calls, Long Loop support
Ease of configuration and management
* Automatic firmware and configuration file download, SNMP and web management, TFTP or HTTP auto-provisioning, TR-069 for massive deployments (optional feature available at purchase time)
* Support for SNMPv3, Encrypted configuration files support, HTTP Digest authentication, Compliant with multiple enhanced security protocols offering a rich feature set including: SIP, MIKEY, SDES, TLS, SRTP, certificates management, and HTTPS.
Interoperability with major vendors
* Siemens HiPath & OpenScape, Ericsson IMS, Microsoft OCS, Nortel CS1000, CS2100 & CS2000, Broadsoft, Alcatel Lucent OmniPCX, Shoretel, Metaswitch & Others
* QoS features support, DHCP client,Vlan tagging
* Mediatrix LP16: 16 x RJ-11 connectors, analog phone/fax (FXS) interfaces, Mediatrix LP24 : 24 x RJ-11 connectors, analog phone/fax (FXS) interfaces
IP Telephony Protocol
* SIP – RFC3261
* Vocoders: G.711 (A-law, μ-law), G.723.1, G.726, G.729a/b, G.168 echo cancellation (64ms), DTMF detection and generation, Carrier tone detection and generation, Silence detection / suppression and Comfort Noise Generation level software adjustable, Configurable dejitter buffer, Configurable tones (dial, ringing, busy), Configurable transmit packet length, RTP/RTCP - RFC 1889, RFC 1890, RFC 2833, RFC 3389
* HTTPS, for the exchange of Configuration File and web pages , SRTP with MIKEY or SDES., Supported Cypher (AES – 128 bits,MIKEY key management protocol (RFC 3830 and 4567), SDES key management protocol (RFC 4568), X.509 Certificate management, TLS transport method, Supported Key Exchange Mechanism, RSA Diffie-Hellman, Supported Cyphers (minimum), AES (128 and 256 bits), 3DES (168 bits) )
* Web-based GUI, TFTP, HTTP configuration up- and download (Auto-provisioning), TFTP, HTTP firmware upgrade, SNMPv1, v2 and v3 agent (MIB II and private MIB), TR-069 for massive deployments (optional feature available at purchase time
* Local switching, Interface hunt groups, Routing Criteria (Interface,Calling/called party number,Time of day, day of week, date, ISDN bearer capability), Number manipulation functions (Replace numbers, Add/remove digits, Multiple remote gateways,PLAR), Call properties manipulations, SIP header manipulations
* ToS, DiffServ, 802.1p, 802.1Q, RFC 3489
Enhanced Telephony Features
* Multiple SIP Proxy support via DNS SRV, Call Forward / Call Transfer / Conference Call / Call Waiting support, T.38, fax tone detection and pass-through on G.711 and G.726, Inter-digit timer and IP dialing, Echo Cancellation / Dynamic Jitter Buffer / Voice Activity Detection / Silence Suppression, Message Waiting Indication, via FSK, Flash hook event signaling, Caller ID Generation (Name & Number) as per Bellcore DTMF or FSK, CCNR / CCBS, PRACK & UPDATE, Multiple Virtual Gateways
* Operating temperature: 0°C to 45°C, Storage temperature: -20°C to 70°C, Humidity: up to 85%, non-condensing
* AC: Standard power cord receptacle (IEC 320-C14) for universal AC input internal SMPS
Unit Dimensions and Weight
* 4.4 cm x 43 cm x 21 cm - 1.74 in. x 17.19 in. x 8.4 in. (approx.), 1.8 kg (4 lbs) approx.
Mediatrix SDK (Software Development Kit)
* Enables developers and content authors to create rich, integrated VoIP applications for their specific requirements, Available for download free of charge at http://mediatrixsdk.media5corp.com